The Association of Czech Lockpickers is organizing the 9th year of the Czech Lockpicking Championship and all lockpickers and lock enthusiasts are all cordially invited to attend. This year’s competition will take place on the weekend of 19-21 October 2018 at Nová Živohošť (40 km of Prague). Come to show off your skills or just to have fun with friends not only from the Czech Republic but also from Germany, Hungary, Austria and other countries. The competitions start on Saturday, but most of the contestants usually arrive on Friday evening for an international training session and a friendly chat and socializing until late at night. On Saturday, the registration takes place from 9 am to 9.30 am, if you are running late, let us know before the registration period ends. There are four disciplines, namely the opening of padlocks, the opening of euro profile cylinders, freestyle and blitz.
The disciplines are evaluated separately so you may compete in all four or select only the disciplines you want. In the opening of padlocks, the competitors are trying to open the padlocks supplied by the organizers using standard picks and tension tools within a time limit of 5 minutes for each padlock. The padlocks must be held in hand during the opening. In the discipline of opening euro profile cylinders, the contestants are trying to open the locks within 15 minutes. The locks are provided by the contestants; each contestant brings one unmodified double-sided euro cylinder for the competition. The competitors must open their locks in 5 minutes prior to the start of the competition, otherwise, they are eliminated. In freestyle, the contestants are trying to open euro profile cylinders provided by the organizers within 5 minutes each using any non-destructive methods. The three disciplines mentioned above are divided into two parts. The first part is a qualifier round, in which lockpickers compete in randomly assigned groups. From the qualifiers, competitors can advance to A or B finals according to the number of opened locks and opening times. The time limits in the finals are the same as in the qualifier rounds. Blitz, as the name suggests, is a very fast-paced discipline. The contestants have a time limit of one minute to open the lock. If they fail to open the lock, they are eliminated. The last three remaining lockpickers win. The locks are provided by the competitors (each competitor opens his lock first). The event is supported by several companies, mostly from the lock industry. They provide locks for the competition and donate prizes ranging from lockpicks to safes. Within the competition, the results for each competition discipline are evaluated separately according to valid rules, the observance of which is supervised by the judge. Apart from individual results, a separate award Czech Lockpicker 2018, is awarded for the best lockpicker from the Czech Republic.
- Accommodation is arranged for the whole weekend (Friday – Sunday). Price per person is 880 CZK (or 40 Euro) including full board for two nights (dinner – breakfast on Sunday).
- The camp offers cottages for 2-5 people.
- The competition fee is 300 CZK/15 Euro for the whole event (includes all four disciplines), ACL members pay a discounted price of 150 CZK.
- Your own picks and tension tools (commercial or home-made)
- One double-sided euro profile cylinder for the competition, if you want to compete in cylinder opening. The cylinder must be functional, unmodified, preferably new or in good condition.
- Lock for the blitz round (if you want to participate) – opening within 1 minute.
- Pen and paper
- A vice/vise or another tool for holding the cylinder (allowed for the opening of cylinders and freestyle)
- Electropick or other nondestructive tools for freestyle
- Juniorcamp, Nová Živohošť 98, Živohošť, 257 56 Neveklov
- GPS: 49.7529336N, 14.4105131E
- Webpage of the venue (in Czech)
|9:00||9:30||Registration lockpickers||9:00||11:30||CYLINDERS – Final groups A & B|
|10:00||10:15||PADLOCKS – Divided into groups||12:30||12:45||FREESTYLE – Divided into groups|
|10:15||11:45||PADLOCKS – Semifinal||12:45||14:15||FREESTYLE – Semifinal|
|12:50||13:00||PADLOCKS – Announcement of the finalists||14:35||14:45||FRESTYLE – Announcement of the finalists|
|13:00||14:30||PADLOCKS – Final groups A & B||14:45||16:15||FREESTYLE – Final groups A & B|
|15:00||15:30||BLITZ||17:00||17:30||Notification of the final results of all disciplines|
|15:45||16:00||CYLINDERS – Divided into groups|
|16:00||19:00||CYLINDERS – Semifinal|
|19:20||19:30||CYLINDERS – Announcement of the finalists|